Products range from wearable digital coaches to socially-drive financial investment tools
TORONTO (Dec. 2, 2014) — The University of Toronto Early-Stage Technology (UTEST) incubator, co-directed by U of T’s Innovations & Partnerships Office (IPO) and MaRS Innovation, has announced its third cohort of computer science start-up companies.
Betakit and Electronic Products &Technology covered this announcement; TechVibes featured Syncadian and Onyx Motion in recent features. The U of T magazine also featured Syncadian and CEO Hanna Janossy in this recent profile.
The five companies and the diverse sectors they target are (scroll for full company descriptions):
- FlatFab Inc. — 3D printing (designing 3D objects that print in 2D)
- ICE3 Power Technologies Inc. — hardware (universal charger for portable devices)
- Onyx Motion Inc. — wearables (digital coaching)
- Nvest Inc. — financial investing (socially-driven stock recommendations)
- Syncadian Inc. — digital health (fatigue management for enterprise clients)
Past graduates include Whirlscape, TrendMD, Crowdmark, eQOL and Granata Decision Systems, among others.